Monday, February 23, 2009

11 miles..... and no sponsors

Nick here,

So friday I decided to go running since I have been slacking lately. Good on swimming and biking but little running. I ended up running 11 miles on Saturday, but ended up paying for it as I have been sore for the past two days. My cardio is there, its just my legs that need to get whipped into shape soon for the marathon in April and extreme triathalon events in May & July.

Also, I have been hitting up some businesses looking for sponsors or donations for the triathalons that I will be doing this summer. No luck. They all use the economy right now as an excuse not to donate. And the big corporations won't even talk to you.... they make you go online and do it that way. But online you can't really show them what you are about, but only check in boxes of what they will get out of it. So it has been a learning experience. So far we have one sponsor that will provide us gear for the triathalons, and one personal donor of a hundred dollars. So if anyone is interested in donating that would be WONDERFUL. You can watch our video if you go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHDoWqCY-QQ. You can donate at http://www.active.com/donate/teambeyondcancer.

Thanks Everyone!!!!! I'll stay in touch

-Nick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chubby!
I used to call you skinny, but at 160 pounds plus you'll soon end up looking like me.
Great work on the 11 miles, good for you. I tried to run across the living room floor the other day, tripped on one of the grandkids toys, and was winded by the time I crashed into the floor lamp.
I read the bit about the tummy ache too. The clear liquids are gonna trim the belly down a bit, and there's no beer for you at Summerfolk, but that's a very small sacrifice to get a clean bill of health.
Luke and Gavin and the rest of us say hello. They wonder about the big guy who lives in'The Cadillac Mountains'.
Country music festival looks cool too. I wonder if they'll book Sheesham and Lotus.
Please get Mom to send us up a sponsorship form for your event. We'll find something somewhere.
Lots of Love from Canada,
Jay

Anonymous said...

Hey Skinny!
I'ld recognize those white shades anywhere!!
Great Video,
WONDERFUL MESSAGE

It is clear the other three members of your team have the same level of energy as you.
It is also clear that all four of you are leaders.

Anonymous said...

A Belated Comment -
I visit your site often - just to remind myself of God's miracles - but haven't left a comment in awhile. I plan to catch up tonight. I enjoyed the video too! This blogspot is a wonderful way to keep a journal of your active, blessed life. Is there a means for you to save this site in case the server goes down and loses all your postings?
I also feel your frustration in our country's change of heart - especially in charitable giving. I could make a political statement - but won't.
Nick, don't ever lose your entrepreneurial and giving spirit - it is what makes life worth living. Love, aunt Chris

Chris Ulvin said...

Hi Nick
I agree with you 100% when you say "my cardio is there". Your heart shines through everything you do and say - always has and always will.
Today I quote Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me". I give God thanks that your heart is strong and ask God to remove all cancer from your body. Amen.
Love, aunt Chris