Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just for today...

Nick had scans done yesterday (MRI & CT) and today I picked up copies on cd to deliver to our surgeon and to Dr. Albritton in Boston. We will meet with Dr. Chen tomorrow morning after she has discussed the results with the head radiologist. I received the written report, altho still not signed off yet. Here are some excerpts: "...Although the possibility of residual tumor cannot be excluded, there is no evidence of disease progression." "No evidence of an acute intracranial process or intracranial spread of tumor is identified." "Slight interval improvement in bone marrow signal.... There has also been slight interval decrease in soft tissue thickening..."

It appears this is good news. I want to mention the other radiologist could very well find something else and I won't breathe a sigh of relief until Dr. Chen confirms the report. If all is well, Nick will finish his LAST round of chemo beginning Monday.

Until then, I would like to post a prayer (with permission) I read on another young man's website that is also fighting the valiant fight, Zachary McCulloch -http://www.carepages.com/ - Carepage name: SublimeLBC (after his favorite band):

DEAR GOD:

I want to thank You for what You have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking You right now.
I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; until the pain in my body disappears; until my financial situation improves; until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am going to thank You right now.
I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking You right now.
I am thanking You because I am alive. I am thanking You because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking You because I have walked around the obstacles. I am thanking You because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.
I'm thanking You because FATHER, You haven't given up on me.

Thanks, everyone - we'll post again after our appointment tomorrow.
With love,

Lori

2 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Great post and I'll keep the positive vibes and prayers going strong!

Anonymous said...

Amen.
In Christ's love, aunt Chris