Sunday, January 27, 2008

10 down 2 to go

So I just got out of the hospital yesterday which is good... but its also the time when you feel the sickest and its hard to eat. UGGG! I dont know why but this last stay at the hospital seemed to last longer than any other time. I was going to go crazy!
This morning my buddy Rob took me to the hospital to get my Nuelasta shot, which was no fun because this morning was hard to get going. I felt pretty sick... but once I forced some fluids and tastless food down me I felt a little better.
I will have a week of just relaxing and staying as clean as possible so that I dont catch any disseases or viruses.
I am so anxious for all this to be over.... especially before summer since I didnt do much last summer. So Jay, be prepared for some Utah boys skiing up at your place this summer because I think that would be a blast.
Also, I want to thank everyone for their love and support. Especially Denise and Jennie who are the coolest ever! I love it when you girls dress up or bring me some good food. I cant say thank you enough!

Ill keep in touch...



Anonymous said...

Another one done...hurray! I love your updates, especially when you mention the local sites. It's a trip down memory lane. Your steak at the Timbermine made me smile. That iFly is new since we left town. It looks totally cool! Keep your sanitizer handy...

Paula, Nolan's mom

Anonymous said...

HEY SUNSHINE! Hope you're not feeling so sick today. ******* chemo!! Eat & drink as much as you can - it all helps. Easier said than done I know but you are one "incredible" cowboy! Do cowboys have mowhawks?? Thanks for keeping us all up to date, you do a great job on your blog. Sending you lots of love, light and healing (and an appetite!). See you soon - Love Jennie xx

Chris Ulvin said...

Happy Monday Nick,
Your post made me think of the phrase "Dirty Dozen" - was that a movie? Anyway, I like your idea to gather some friends (make it eleven) and visit Jay. Love, aunt Chris

Obsessedwithlife said...

Thanks for the comment! To answer your question-after chemo, it took a few months for the chemo to get out of my system and the hair to "wake up" and start growing again...yes, it did grow back darker (almost black) and curly-but only at first...over time it went back to the way it was before, maybe a bit thinner though (but I had really thick hair before so it's not a big deal!)

Chris Ulvin said...

Dearest Nick,
I couldn't wait to wake up this morning (November 4, 2010 - Stuart's birthday) and read your current holy, holy, holy news and then visit here to remember what you overcame.
Psalm 25 is where my daily devotional directed me - I think you at "10 down and 2 to go" could related to what David prayed. My prayer is may you continually seek the Lord, 21 years down and a lifetime to go. Amen.
Love, aunt Chris