Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Some soothing music

Nick here.....

After everyone has heard the news of the recurrence in my sinus and the soon to come surgery, a lot of people seem to be worried and a little down. I find music is very good to listen to if you are worried or sad (whatever it is), and I happened to hear a song a few days ago at a friends house that just fit perfect for what is going on right now with my fight with cancer. Also, as soon as the song went on, everyone in the house just started singing it together out loud. It was pretty cool and made me feel good, so I thought I would try to put the song on my blog so everyone checking in on me could hopefully get the esteem boost that I did. It just puts a smile on your face. Good old Bob Marley!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPgt7ZWtM9A

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving Smiles Nick,
I don't worry because the Bible tells me everything is going to be alright.
I DO hope because cancer can not quell your spirit.
I DO love because God loved first and you love too.
I DO pray because us Ulvins (and soon to be Petersons) want to grow old with you.
I DO give thanks because good old god is God!
Love, aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Hello Nick - Good song! You've certainly been busy lately - talk about a whirlwind!! Hang in, stay happy and wonderful. Love you - Jennie xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, It's the big crazy Canuck here.
Love Bob Marley,
But!!!
The Canadian Junior Hockey team laying a whupping on the US....
THAT was music to my ears!!
Thank goodness the Cdn juniors snuck past Sweden to win the gold (again)
When you finally get this stuff stabilized and licked we'll have you and your gang as our guests up here to sing any songs you want around the bonfire.
"....every little ting' gonn b awright"

Love and

Happy New Year!!
Jay

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!
Peterson is getting awfully close to Paterson.
Congratulations,
Jay Paterson

Chris Ulvin said...

Good Morning Nick,
I'm so thankful God is in control and not me - I can't even keep days straight when visiting your past posts. Only by using the alphabet and writing down names I've already used do I know I'm at E. Jesus is Empowered by His Father. As are you Nick!
The Lord says, "I will lead the blind by a road they do not know...I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground...and I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
May God lead you and your family through the rest of 2010. I will pray for you each day.
Love, aunt Chris