Monday, May 14, 2007

May 14- Whats New

I started my 2nd week of radiation today, had some blood work done, and had a meeting with my head oncologist (Dr. Chen) today. It went well and we now know that I will start my 2nd cycle of chemotherapy this Sunday which will put me in the hospital for another 6 days. This should be good timing since I have a school dance on Saturday and will hopefully be feeling better by the 31st which is the day of my graduation. The doctors tell me I will most likely have to experience the side effect to the "Neulasta" shot which gave me the bone pains last time. I have been given some hardcore pain medication though and the doctors say if I take it as soon as pain starts to arrive then it shouldn't be as bad as it was the last time. LET US PRAY!
A couple of days ago I unfortunately realized that I was beginning to lose hair....... So today I had a couple friends over and allowed my best friend Rob the honors in shaving my head. I think I look kinda like Carlos Boozer instead of Vin Diesel but I cant complain. I am going to have to get used to it. It was fun pulling my hair out in front of my friends though. Rob flipped out and couldn't watch when he saw how much hair came out in one gentle little pull. HA HA
Lastly, I received my last package of my custom wrist bands so if anyone wants one you have to come visit me in the hospital or at home. I have tons in 2 different colors.

Sincerely,
Your Boy Nick Raitt

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Handsome
You probably know which hairstyle I'm partial to since Stuart has been shaving his head for over a year now. Stuart likes it because he can roll out of bed and go to class - no hassle - You'll have to decide when your hair starts growing back if you even want it. I'm feeling good about my trip to Salt Lake this weekend - sounds like I get a bracelet - may have to bring a couple dozen back for all your friends in Lancaster praying for you - NO PAIN - ONLY GAIN - will be our prayer next week - Love from aunt Chris and I'll give you a hug in a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Good Night Nick - if you can sleep after watching tonight's Jazz game - the commentators are talking like the Jazz will go all the way! What is with their hairstyles though? I also received some good news from our family in Missouri - actually answer to prayer as our church prays for both you and Amy. Amy is out of her wheelchair and using a walker - her white blood counts are coming back and looks like she'll get to come home a month early. Her grandparents - Daryll and Mary Lou Raitt are considering joining us on our 3 Day Baja Anniversery Cruise over Labor Day. Your dad said he will try to come and would love to have you bunk with him - I'm expecting Stuart to join the fun (and the Margarita's) if you go. OK - this really is Good Night - Love, Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Sweet Dreams - Wednesday night - I received this from our cousin Kurt in Alaska - He has a strong spiritual vein running through him - Two stories about Kurt that touch my soul are - when he received the news about the death of my parents - he went outside and witnessed in the evening sky a most amazing aurora display - more spectacular than he had ever seen while living in Alaska - the second God-incidence is when he came to the last Jasa/Raitt reunion - unexpected by everyone and purchased the mystery auction item for big bucks - it was a gag item - a deerfoot ashtray - everyone was amazed - Kurt especially when the item turned out to be a gift Kurt had made and given to grandma when he was a young child. So the following comes from him.
Q: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
>> A: Psalms 117
>>
>> Q: What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
>> A: Psalms 119
>>
>> Q: Which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
>> A: Psalms 118
>>
>> Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
>>
>> Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
>>
>> Add these numbers up and you get 1188.
>>
>> Q: What is the center verse in the Bible?
>> A: Psalms 118:8
>>
>> Q: Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect
will for
>> our lives?
>>
>> The next time someone says they would like to find
>> God's perfect will for their lives and that they want to
>> be in the center of His will, just send them to the
>> center of His Word!
>> Psalms 118:8
>> "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."
>>
>> Now isn't that odd how this worked out (or was God in the center of
it)?
I like these types of coincidences - I call them God-incidences - I feel that you have experienced many God moments - My prayer is we will all experience a miracle through your willingness to share your story - Love, Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi NIck,
I am going to give this blogging thing a try! This is Ann Leoni here, your dad is my cousin, so that makes us family! My mom, Sergia, always talks about your visits to her in Colorado and about what great kids you and your sisters are! You are loved by so many!!
I will keep this short today, but if this gets through, I'll write more later.
Much love and lots of prayer!
Ann

Anonymous said...

Nich, the best sheep rider I ever did see, you are an inspiration to my family and I. Keep up the great work and strong will to battle this thing. anyway. hold on like you have always done before.
Kirk.Matt.Tyler.Kelsey.Whitney.

Anonymous said...

Nick, you keep up the good work, You are the best sheep rider I know, We wish you the best and give it your best as we know you will.
Kirk, Matt, Tyler, Kelsey, Whitney